NetGain is one of approximately 50 organisations Australia wide providing the NEIS program (New Enterprise Incentive Scheme).
NetGain is a not-for-profit organisation with a head office based in Seymour and offices located in Shepparton, Wangaratta, Wodonga, and Echuca. NetGain is one of approximately 50 organisations Australia-wide providing the NEIS program.
The NEIS program was started in 1986 and has a success rate of 90% after 5 years in Victoria.
The NEIS program is free to all eligible clients to assist in the starting up of a new business. The course offers a six week full time training program covering all the important managerial skills needed to establish a successful business. These include:
- Legal aspects including ownership structures, registration of business name, insurances, contracts, new tax legislation relating to small business, superannuation, licences, permits, codes of practise and intellectual property.
- Marketing including identifying target markets, customer profiles, gathering statistics, conducting research, promotion strategies, location, pricing suppliers and support.
- Financial strategies including profit and loss statements, balance sheets, break even points, contribution margins amd pricing strategies.
- Record keeping including petty cash, cash receipts and payments records and bank reconciliations.
To be eligible participants need to be:
- On an eligible benefit from Centrelink
- Aged over 18 and under 65
- Be starting a new business
- Be able to demonstrate a uniqueness or need for that business idea
Participants compile a business plan during the course which is presented to a panel to be approved for on going support for up to twelve months. This includes income support (non means tested) and mentor support.
Contact: 1800 356 400 or 0427 688 758