Working from home can offer flexibility and convenience, and can often be a great opportunity to start a new business.
If you're starting a home business, developing a thorough business plan is the best place to begin. To develop your business plan, you need to consider these points about operating from home:
- Is your home the best location for your business?
- Can you conduct the type of business you want under local council regulations?
- What are your legal obligations?
- Will your home-based business allow you to balance your work and family life?
- What are the town planning requirements of your local government authority?
For more about developing a business plan, see our Business Plan template.