How accessible is your business? The Good Access = Good Business Guide can help you attract more customers, which may mean more money coming into your business.
To attract customers who have a disability, small changes can make your business more accessible. Many of these ideas are easy to put into practice; however some will need professional advice so that they are done according to the regulations.
Why is Good Access so Important?
- It means there are no physical or social barriers that prevent customers from finding your business, moving around easily and receiving good service.
- More than half of the people aged 55 years and over have difficulties with mobility, sight and hearing.
- Not all disabilities are physical. 90% of disabilities are invisible.
- Disability does not discriminate. A disability can happen to anyone at any time in their life; it can be short-term or lifelong.
- 1 in 5 people have a disability. That’s 20% of potential customers you could be missing out on.
- It’s the law. Customers with disabilities should be able to access your goods and services just like any other customer. If they can’t they could make a complaints of discrimination under the Disability Discrimination Act.
For more information please visit Council's website HERE or call 5832 9700.