- When: 8 – 9 Feb 2024 at 9:00am / 4:00pm
- Where: Greater Shepparton Business Centre, 70 New Dookie Road, Shepparton
- Cost: FREE
- Contact: email@example.com or 0402 475 918 or Greater Shepparton Business Centre on (03) 5832 1100 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About 1 in 4 young Australians experience a common mental illness each year. Youth Mental Health First Aid training will teach you practical skills to support an adolescent with a mental health problem. Make a real difference to the young people in your community.
Youth mental health first aid is designed to teach parents, family members, caregivers, teachers, school staff, neighbours, peers and health and human services workers how to help an adolescent (aged 12-18) who is experiencing a mental health or addiction challenge or is in crisis.
The course introduces common youth mental health challenges, reviews typical adolescent development and teaches a 5-step action plan for how to help young people in both crisis and non crisis situations. Topics covered include:
- Substance abuse
- Disorders in which psychosis may occur
- Suicide and non suicide behaviours
- Eating disorders